Can we as a Singapore Company conduct a two-day training course for the public or companies in Thailand? Will there be any Tax and Work Permit When Organizing Training Courses in Thailand?


If a company in Thailand arranges the seminar/training and hires your company to conduct it, they will withhold taxes from the payment they make to you. So for sure you will have paid your tax in Thailand for the earnings. Even so, the Thai company should get a work permit for the persons who will conduct the seminar to comply with the Working of Alien Act.

However, if you conduct it yourself without anyone hiring you, you will be breaking the foreign business law. Foreign companies cannot just come into Thailand and do business.

Contact MSNA for your accounting, tax and work permit questions.