I have just extended my non-B visa and got a new permit of stay until next year. However, I lost my passport recently and no one has ever contacted my Embassy here in Bangkok to return it so I consider it gone. Can I apply for a new passport but can I have it stamped at the Bangkok Immigration with the same permit of stay? I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks.


Yes, you can get the same stamp but first, you have to report of lost passport at the nearest Police Station and obtain the Police Report document. Then, you should contact your Embassy in order to get a new passport. After obtaining the new passport, you must bring it together with the Police Report to meet with the Immigration official in order to obtain a copy of entry stamp, non-B visa and stay permit in your new passport.

Lost your passport in Thailand? Contact the Thai lawyers of MSNA for assistance in obtaining a police report of lost passport and getting the Immigration stamps on your new passport.