Today, we got a question from one of our avid readers regarding written off fixed assets in Thailand.

What is the accepted method of writing off assets like computers, office equipment, etc., in Thailand? Is it straight line depreciation over a fixed period?


Most fixed assets are written off over 5 years.

Computers can be depreciated 40% on the acquired date. The rest of 60% will be depreciated over 3 years.

Leasehold improvement must be depreciated over 20 years, in general.

Contact MSNA for your Thai accounting and tax questions.