- A good Thai accountant should be knowledgeable on the Thai tax law and practice. A general knowledge of business law is a big plus.
- A good Thai accountant knows what constitute a valid tax invoice, the tax invoice from which you can claim back the VAT you paid on goods and services.
- A good Thai accountant recognizes when the transaction requires tax withholding.
- A good Thai accountant always meets deadlines for financial reports.
- A good Thai accountant is neat and tidy and makes sure all transactions have proper supporting documentation.
- Smart Thai accountants know that they need to freshen up their knowledge very often by attending training or seminars and reading tax and accounting publications.
It is a good idea to hire another Thai Accountant from a well established Thai accounting firm to check your accountant’s work once in a while.