Here is the summary of the recent tax incentives offered by Thailand Board of Investment for directly flood-affected companies.
I. Tax incentives for directly flood-affected companies
- Existing BOI-promoted projects directly affected by flood
- Still have remaining unused corporate tax exemption period
REMARK: An official announcement is to be issued soon.
1. Projects subject to a corporate income tax exemption cap
Remaining at original province
-8 year corporate income tax exemption (subject to 150% cap on new investment * + remaining unused cap)
Relocation to another province
-8 year corporate income tax exemption (subject to 100% cap on new investment * + remaining unused cap)
* All fixed assets (except land) including repairs of existing machinery and replacement machinery previously imported under the BOI scheme
2. Projects not subject to a corporate income tax exemption cap
Companies can use option 1 above or the following scheme.
|Remaining Corporate Income Tax Exemption Period||Additional Years of Corporate Income Tax Exemption to be Granted|
|≤ 5 years||+3 more years|
|> 5-6 years||+2 more years & 2-year 50% tax reduction|
|> 6-7 years||+1 more year & 4-year 50% reduction|
|> 7-8 years||+5-year 50% tax reduction|
II. Tax incentives for flood-affected industrial estates
- All industrial estates/zones
- Invest in flood-prevention infrastructure and system
- 8-year corporate income tax exemption with cap of 200% of investment excluding costs of land and working capital.
Contact MSNA for Thailand BOI questions and information.