Board of Investment (BOI) of Thailand is the principal government agency which operates under the Ministry of Industry to encourage investors and facilitate their investments in the country. The BOI is very active in assisting investors in numerous ways such as follows:
1. Enhancing competitiveness and facilitating investment
– Offers an attractive and competitive package of tax incentives.
– Imposes no foreign equity restrictions on manufacturing activities or on some service.
– Provides assistance in the provision of visas and work permits to facilitate entry and subsequent operation for a foreign-owned business.
– Waives restrictions on land ownership by foreign entities.
2. Business support services
– Provides comprehensive information and advice on establishing operations in Thailand.
– Arranges site visits.
– Identifies potential suppliers, subcontractors, joint-venture partners.
– Provides useful contacts with key public and private organizations.
– Coordinates between the foreign business community and other public agencies.
The BOI also acts as Thailand’s marketing arm and actively promotes the country worldwide as one of the best investment locations in Asia. It is tasked
with devising and implementing strategies under which promotional activities
are organized around the globe throughout the year.
The BOI’s seven overseas offices (Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Frankfurt, Paris, Los Angeles and New York) serve as Thailand’s front desks in liaising with potential investors.
Thailand BOI Promotion page gives you information about BOI in Thailand.