Data Center is classified as one of the priority activities by the Thai Board of Investment. In order to promote investment in Data Center, develop information technology infrastructure, and enhance efficiency and to reduce costs of doing business which are crucial to the development of Thailand as center for regional operating headquarters and information technology, the BOI has set the following conditions and privileges of activities eligible for investment promotion as follows:
- There must be hi-speed fiber optic telecommunications connection throughout data center.
- The main hi-speed telecommunications system must link data center with domestic and international telecommunications centers.
- There must be continuous power distribution backup system and backup power generator to support normal operation of information technology system.
- There must be high-efficiency air conditioning and filter system to support efficient device operation.
- Area of data center must not be less than 5,000 square meters.
- Complementary services for customers located in the project e.g. server co-location, managed service, customer’s server backup service, disaster recovery services (DRC), data center professional consultation etc. must be provided.