Conditions for Trade and Investment Support Offices
1. Projects must be approved by relevant government agencies.
2. Annual operating expenses must not be less than Baht 10 million.
3. Must have a business plan and scope of business as approved by the Board as follows:
3.1 Monitoring and/or servicing affiliates including providing or letting office or factory building to company’s subsidiary
3.2 Advisory services on business operations except those engaged in buying and selling securities and foreign currency exchange. As for accounting, legal, advertising, architectural and civil engineering businesses, business licenses must be obtained from the Department of Business Development or related governmental agencies prior to submitting an investment promotion application
3.3 Information services on goods sourcing
3.4 Engineering and technical services, except those related to architecture and civil engineering
3.5 Testing and certifying standards of products, production and services that do not qualify for investment promotion under activity 7.21
3.6 Export trading
3.7 Business activities related to machinery, engines, tools and equipment such as:
(1) Importing for wholesaling
(2) Training services
(3) Installation, maintenance and repairs
(4) Calibration that does not qualify for investment promotion under activity 7.22 of the list of promotional activities attached to this Announcement
3.8 Software design and development that does not qualify for investment promotion under software activity
3.9 Wholesaling of products manufactured in Thailand
Rights and benefits
Only non-tax incentives shall be granted, which are as follows:
- Permit for foreign nationals to enter the Kingdom for the purpose of studying investment opportunities.
- Permit to bring into the Kingdom skilled workers and experts to work in investment promoted activities.
- Permit to own land.
- Permit to take out or remit money abroad in foreign currency.
Interested to register a TISO in Thailand, contact MSNA for consultation.